Day twenty-six~

Day twenty-six: Think back to how you were 5 years ago. How have you changed since then?

It's now 2013. 5 years ago I was still 17 years old. I remember back in high school I was a very shy and timid person. I would often shy away from people just to avoid conversations and such. I also didn't mingle around with many. Most of the time I just hung out with my small group of friends. I didn't like approaching people first because I was always afraid of how they would perceive me. I had extremely low self-esteem and I was extremely shy. I always though that I was never good enough for anything. 

I guess 5 years is a really long time for someone to change, huh? I guess going to college and then university really made me grow as a person. I feel more confident now as compared to my teenage self. When I got to college I remember telling myself "I need to buck up! I can't be the little girl hiding in the shadows anymore" And for the first time in my life I actually approached someone (on my own & without someone else's instruction) and got to know them. I guess for many it's not a big deal. But for a shy person like me, it is.

If I told people now that I was very shy and timid, they would probably laugh and say "Ya meh?" Lol. I mean I did that before and they just laughed at me and said I was joking. That I had to be joking. Haha. I guess I was colder in the past. I mean I did have my tutorial friend in KML tell me "Sis. Time first kenal sis kan, saya sangka sis ni orang sombong" Haha! That was a huge wake up call. I never meant to come across as stuck up but I did push people away and pulled myself away from everyone because I was extremely shy. 

Nowadays, I don't do that anymore ^.^. I've had people say that I am much friendlier now and for those that have just met me, they all think that I am a friendly person. Gone were the days of the shy and sombong girl. Haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up